Monday, November 30, 2009

Friends to Family

Everyone says that college was the prime time of their life, their youth; it was when they discovered who they were, when they fell in love, when they made friends that turned into family. In coming to Tech I realized that the men and women that I meet over the next few years may very well be the same men and women that I spend time with for the rest of my life. However, I never imagined that right away, within the first five months of school, that I would make friends that have truly become my family. I saw that they have become like family because I would do almost anything for them. My best friend at school is great! I couldn't believe how much I missed him over the last five days. I really couldn't believe it! Then, as it would naturally follow, the thought occurred to me that I would have no idea what I was going to do over Christmas break. How am I going to spend an entire month away from my best friend? We study together, watch movies, hang out... & everything!
There's a toast that I really like: "So here's to the nights that turned into mornings, and the friends that turned into family." What with finals coming up and there's never been more cause for those nights that have turned into mornings; and in coming to college, I have never made the kinds of friends that have turned into family.

XOXO
Texas_Girl [Katy S.]

No comments:

Post a Comment