Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Sleeping


Everyone's seen the Facebook bumper sticker:
"(a) adequate sleep
(b) social life
(c) good grades
Welcome to college,
Pick one."
So incredibly true. Either you sleep and don't go out or study enough; you go out with friends and don't have time to study and because you're out so late you don't sleep; or, you study so much that you never go out with your people or sleep. It's all about balance. I'm seriously trying to learn that; so far, I've gotten sick, twice, from not getting enough sleep and killing my immune system and still going out at night. It was ridiculous and my cousin told me that I just need to get more sleep, I should have listened to her. Anyways, last night, my dad was in town, so we went out to dinner and a movie, so I got back to my room around 10. Fine, right? Plenty of time to go to bed and I could have gotten at least 7 hours of sleep if I had gone to bed by at least 11, it could have been amazing. Well, I left my phone in his car, and had to find some way to call him, so after all that, it was probably 10:30 by the time I was in my room. But, I wanted to study and hang out with a friend who I haven't seen in a few weeks. Smart_Ass and I studied until 1:30 in the morning!! Don't get me wrong, I was able to accomplish options (b) and (c), but I totally sacrificed (a). (A) is possibly the most important of all of these because, if you don't get enough sleep, you won't be able to focus during your classes, this also means that you'll have no idea what's going on so you won't know what to study. If you don't sleep enough, you'll turn into a person who snaps more quickly than normal, you'll have a shorter temper, and not understand much of what people are saying and continuously have to ask them to repeat themselves. With all of these personality shifts, your friends won't want to hang out with you. If they don't want to hang out with you, how can you obtain option (b)? Without (a), you cannot get the others. I'm currently running on four hours of sleep... Four hours of sleep!! This is so not enough. Certainly not enough for me, I know how much sleep I need to get to not go all Dr. Jeckle & Mr. Hyde. It's 8 hours. 8 hours, not four. By the way, I just woke up at 6:00, it's now 8:37, and I'm fighting, literally fighting, to keep my eyes open. But that's just what keeps us up, having to go over and over our school work, and make it perfect and more perfect

Bottom line:
SLEEP!

XOXO
Texas_Girl [Katy S.]

Google Images. IStockPhoto "Sleeping" Web. 9 Nov. 2009. .

No comments:

Post a Comment