So excited to become a member of Georgia Tech. It took me 16 hours by air to fly to Atlanta. Actually my American Dream was from California. It was several years ago. I went to CA and Vegas for vacation. I fell in love with this place.
I grew up in Harbin China. Located in the northeast part of China, my hometown is a beautiful city known for its ice and snow sculpture and skiing. As a tourist city, Harbin attracts people from all over the world. Because it is not far from Russia, Harbin has a lot of Russian style architecture and Russian food restaurants. I love my hometown, but i wanna go out and study in a more advanced placed. So i left my hometown and went to a high school in Shanghai(the largest city in China). In Shanghai, i met new friends and had a different experience. I got more chances to go abroad.
I'm a single child of my family. My dad used to be a teacher, but now he is doing business. My mum teaches Russian in a high school. But my mum used to work as a translator in Russia when i was very young. And i stayed with my mum in Russia for half a year. My parents paid much to attention to my education. They always want me to go to the best school.
As my parents expected, I studied very hard and always wanted to do my best in everything. But I’m not a nerd. I hang out with friends in my leisure time. I wanna experience everything exciting. The most exciting one was the bungee jumping. I have many hobbies. I play basketball a lot. Although I ‘m not high (5 ‘9’’), I play very well. I’m a point guard and good at dribbling. Sometimes I play streetball. I watch NBA games. Allen Iverson and Kobe Bryant are my favorite basketball stars. I listen to rap and R&B music. Some of my favorite rappers are from Atlanta.
I have been to many counties, such as Russia, New Zealand and America. America is my favorite. The education, lifestyle and culture are all much more different from those in China. People are friendly. Most of the best universities in the world are here. That’s why I came to this country to study. I was also admitted to University of Minnesota Twin Cities, Wisconsin Madison and Purdue. But Georgia Tech is my first choice. It is located in the north east of the United States. Climate is nice. Georgia Tech has better football and basketball team. The leisure time in Georgia Tech must be awesome. Most importantly, Georgia Tech has a good study atmosphere. Students have more opportunities such as Co-op jobs.
I am not homesick, because i am used to staying far away from parents. In high school, i lived in school dorm.

No comments:
Post a Comment