Friday, August 21, 2009

Welcome.

Welcome to New To Atlanta, I'm New2Atlanta (well, one of us), but I'll usually be writing as TexasGirl. It's nice to meet you:). As you read this I'd like you to think of something; if you're a native to this city, think about what it would be like if you weren't, and if you, like me, are from out of state, well, you probably know what I'm going through. Not only have I been plucked out of my home, and am now sleeping on a six-by-three piece of plywood, but I am also going to bed at about one, and waking up around seven... But, it's not as bad as I'm making it sound. My bed is moderately comfortable, I've been staying up because of RUSH and homework, and waking up to go to classes--which are about 100 times better than I could have fore-scene. Anyways, not only are we living a totally new life complete with new housing, schedules, and friends... But we're in a completely new city!! Now, I myself have only been to Atlanta twice before packing up, and shipping out. Once to tour this beautiful campus I new live at, and once for FASET. All you Tech students ought to remember what FASET is; if you don't attend GT, then FASET is orientation.

While I love saying that I am a Yellow Jacket, I also hate being 821.1 miles away from my home. I never thought that I would say that. My main goal in applying for schools and going to college was to get as far away from home as possible... I'm not saying that I regret this decision or anything, but I am seriously thinking of advising my younger cousin to learn from me and not go quite so far away. Most of all, I miss my puppy. He is a long-haired miniature chocolate brown doxie, and I love him so much! He has this way of sensing when I'm upset and comforting me the way no person can. I also miss my mom, who is truly my best friend. Have you ever seen Gilmore Girls? Well, that's pretty much my mom and I. My best friend who is my age, is also attending her first year of school this year, she just moved in today actually!

Anyways, my English professor assigned this blog as a way for us to--wait! I don't really know why he assigned it yet. I just know that we have to update it every week and personally every other week. So I thought I'd get a jump start.

TexasGirl (Katy S.)

No comments:

Post a Comment