Thursday, August 27, 2009

Miles(Yuchen Zhu)

I come from a country which has a amazing population. The population of China is about 1.4 billion. That's why our neighborhood is much more different from that in America. Unlike my co-bloggers, i live in an apartment in China. Actually almost everyone who is in city lives in apartment. The apartment building usually has more than ten floors ,sometimes more than twenty. The neighborhoods are more like traditional ones. Because there are 10 or more apartments in one neighborhood and each apartment contains about more than 40 families. In the morning, everyone wants to drive to work. I cannot imagine if our neighborhoods are sprawl what the traffic will be like.

My hometown is Harbin which is located in the northeast of China. It's not big in area but very big in population. I lived in a 9-floor apartment. Our neighborhood is a traditional one. But the traffic is still bad. In rush hour, i think even a bicycle faster than a car. And the government is busy building subway system to relieve traffic pressure. We don't have a distinct barrier between shopping area and residence area. In shopping area, there are also apartments. We also have shopping malls in neighborhoods.

I studied in Shanghai for 3 years. It's the largest city in China. It's a international metropolis like New York City. But most neighborhoods are also traditional ones. There are many shopping centers in the city. Schools are usually built in suburb. And there is district called Pudong. It's like Manhattan. There are many skyscrapers. Parking in China is also a very serious problem.

I don't think sprawl is good, especially in my hometown. Nicole has a yard behind her house. Amy also has her own land near her house. I wish i could live in a house. Really bored of living in an apartment. Katy is from Texas. I've never been to Texas. But i think it is nice place. I have been to California. I lived in a homestay for a week. The experience is much more different from China. Now i live in Atlanta. So far I feel very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment