Saturday, September 5, 2009

I've been in Atlanta for 3 weeks. The campus is as good as i imagined. Although some buildings are old, facilities inside is good. And i've been to other places off campus many times. I like the atmosphere of the city, but it's not perfect. Although most things are good as expected, I still came across something unpleasant. Overall, i like this city.
The traffic is better than that in China. I think people are always driving politely, but some people still complain about traffic. Drivers wait until pedestrians walk across the road. I've never seen any jaywalkers so far. Cars are running at a very high speed.
I've been off campus many times, by car, on foot and by subway. I went to driving movie with friends and had dinner at night. The night scenery of Atlanta is beautiful. I went to a retreat with my fraternity friends. No matter in downtown or suburb, I seldom saw any taxis. Maybe it's because almost every American has a car.
I went to Lenox Square by myself one time. I took the subway. The ticket price is $2.25 which is much higher that that in China. The station seems very old and it's dark inside. I took the wrong line first time and wasted a lot of time taking subway. The train is not crowded. In China, you should make a lot of efforts to get into the crowded train because it can hardly hold any more people.
I walked to Publix to but some snack this evening. I ran into a man who asked me for money. I gave him one buck, but he was still asking for more. He was annoying. So I gave him more. It was my worst experience in Atlanta so far.
I read the blog that Amy recommended. There was a new that the rapper Fabolous would be in the Footlocker in a shopping more this Thursday afternoon. But i was busy at that time. So i didn't come. It's a pity.
I like the city so far. And i'm looking forward to more surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment